About St Mark's

History

St Mark's Church

Original St Mark's Church
4 The Mall, South Hurstville

The first worship services in the original St Mark's Church were held on 3 August 1919. Ninety years on, the anniversary was marked by a weekend of celebrations, including the launch of this History website on Saturday 1 August 2009.

These web pages celebrate over 90 years of Anglican ministry in South Hurstville . They include a photo gallery of some of the major events in the life and witness of the parish, a short history of St Mark's, and oral histories of memorable experiences.

Photo gallery

History story

Priests of the parish

Organists and Choir Directors

Reflections and oral histories

Baptisms
For details of your baptism at St Mark's, please refer to the Baptisms webpage.

St Mark's members (past and present) and others are invited to forward appropriate photographs and other memorabilia for inclusion in these history web pages. For enquiries contact St Mark's archivist Margery Bennett telephone 9546 7607 or email the Office.


 

© St Mark's Anglican Church | Home | Contact | Disclaimer